Ecoshield Windows Company History
Kasson Keller Company History
In 1946 Austin Kasson and William L. Keller Sr. started a business selling blown-in insulation for homes in the local market and had 3 employees. The next year, 1947, they added a line of storm windows and doors and continued to sell retail. In 1951 they opened a factory in Gloversville, NY to assemble parts used in storm windows and doors for other companies who manufactured the finished product and had a workforce of 10 employees.
The business continued to flourish and in 1954 the partners needed to find additional space and decided to locate in Fonda, NY because of the access to all forms of transportation: highways, rail and water.
The business expanded and in 1956 they started to manufacture their own exclusive line of aluminum products under the “Kasson and Keller” brand. They produced 7 different lines of windows, 3 different lines of doors, a line of roll-up awnings, a line of permanent awnings and a line of jalousies.
In 1963 a major renovation and upgrade was done to the plant on School Street in Fonda and by now the company was manufacturing aluminum siding. The renovations made it possible for raw material to come in the back of the building and roll out the front door as finished product.
In 1980 as vinyl became more of a mainstream building material, Kasson and Keller began to manufacture vinyl windows and service the Northeast corridor.
Today, Kasson Keller manufactures 3 distinct brands to serve various markets: EcoShield, Masterview, and Smarter Window Systems.
In addition to Kasson and Keller, the corporation has expanded into other areas:
Keymark Corporation is a premier full service aluminum extrusion company, with manufacturing facilities in Fonda, NY and Lakeland, FL.
F and F Transport, Inc is a full service trucking firm with over 100 trailers and straight jobs to service the East Coast and Midwest.
All told, the companies employ over 700 people in the local communities.